Well, its that time of year again, the Retarded Tree Season. I caught glimpses of it back in August, (how weird is that?).
As the nights get colder, the trees go retarded or something, and they forget how to make green and start making other colors. Red, and yellow, and pink, and green, orange, and purple, and blue…NO WAIT! I don’t think there is a blue…so close, and yet so far!
But it hit full blown when the firehouse up Emigration Canyon, caught on fire. (How weird is that?!?!) On the News they showed planes dropping red fire retardant on the fire, and I thought, “How retarded is that?” And then I thought “I’ll bet Connie would make the same comment.”
And then I thought, It’s a shame they don’t have Retarded Tree Season in Las Vegas, maybe Connie could come and celebrate the season up here, since she is the one who created/named it.
Faith involves doing all we can to bring about the things we hope and pray for. President Kimball asid: “in faith we plant the seed, and soon we see the miracle of the blossoming. Men have often misunderstod and have reversed the process.” He continued by explaining that many of us want to have health and strength without keeping the health laws. We want to have prosperity without paying our tithes. We want to be close to the Lord but don’t want to fast and pray. We want to have rain in due season and to have peace in the land without observing the Sabbath as a holy day and without keeping the other commandments of the Lord. (Faith Precedes the Miracle)
2) Ye shall keep my sabaths, and reverence my sanctury: I am the Lord.
3) If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
4) Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
5) And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
6) And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
What are the main concerns, as reported by the media today? Thats right! Terrorism and Drought. If we would only keep the Sabbath Day holy, these would no longer need to be a concern to us.
And the beauty of this message is that you don’t have to be LDS to keep the Sabbath Day holy. This is a mesaage that you can share with your friends, your neighbors, and virtually anyone you come in conact with.
At this Easter Season our thoughts are turned towards our Savior, for Easter is a celebration of the risen Lord. But over the years His message of re-birth has been diluted, distorted, or lost altogether as commercialism has secularized even this holiday. And yet, only as we come to know Christ can His life affect ours as it was intended.
How do you get to know a person? What qualifies as knowing a person? Continue reading Jesus Christ